Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fertilization Report

While I was typing that fun post about our wonderful kitties, the nurse called with our fertilization report!  My heart started pounding!!

Of the 9 eggs we got yesterday, 7 fertilized the conventional way.  I was kind of surprised because I was thinking maybe the reason we weren't getting pregnant is that sperm just wasn't penetrating egg.  But, I guess we have definitely learned that that's not it, at least not this time.  My regular nurse will call us tomorrow with an update and a transfer date.  The nurse didn't know what was wrong with the two that didn't fertilize, but I will ask tomorrow because I want to know as much as we can. 

Seven is a good number.  I really would not want to have more than that, but of couse, we would take whatever God gives us.  We have very strong feelings about life. We know that once sperm meets egg, that is a life that God has created in his own image.  So, we have every intention of using every embryo that survives unless that becomes physically impossible, in which case we'll allow them to be adopted. 

I am really excited about what we've heard.  I started the Endometrin vaginal suppositories this morning.  My lining is nice and thick and I want to keep it that way.  Because I have a history of having a thinnish lining, I don't want that to be the problem and to have gone through all this for nothing.  I feel like everything that we can do, we have done it or are doing it.  It's all in God's hands, as it has been all along. 

5 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that 7 have fertilized! Praying that they continue to grow and all goes well for the transfer. And of course that you get a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven is a good number, congrats! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 is perfect! congrats!!! do you know if you're doing a 3 or 5 day transfer? you feeling okay? thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy things are going well...please continue to keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete