Saturday, September 10, 2011

IUI Underway

Hi All!  It's been a while.  Things have been busy.  I have still been reading and commenting, just not doing my own posts. 

I have had a crazy few weeks.  While I was out of town for continuing education, just before my last post, my cousin was killed in a car accident.  He was 25.  I am not very close to that little branch of my family, but it was still a blow.  It's hard to believe that someone who is the same generation as me, and much younger, can have died.  His parents and sister are devastated.  I am praying that they will be able to pull themselves together and carry on.  I don't think any of them are saved, so I am praying that they will feel God in their lives and cling to Him.  If you could pray too, I would be thankful.  I didn't say anything in my last post because I wasn't sure what to say.  But, if has affected me, even though he wasn't someone I saw every day.  It's yet another reminder that we do not have the promise of tomorrow.

In other news, AF showed up on Sept 1.  We are doing an IUI this month.  Here is my protocol:

Day 3-7 Letrozole (2 per day)
Day 8 150 units Bravelle (FSH)
Day 11 Monitoring appointment with RE

Tomorrow is my monitoring appointment.  I am not sure what to expect.  The last IUI we have a very similar protocol, except I believe we used Menopur.  When I went in for my first monitoring appointment last time, we did a small injection of LH and then still had to go in for another injection a few days later.  I think it was the most expensive IUI in history since I had so many ultrasounds!  But, this time, I have been pregnant recently, so hopefully my body is primed.  I feel like I did when we were stimulating my ovaries for IVF, like they are doing something and kind of tired.  I am excited to see what my body has been up to. 

I have been listening to the Circle + Bloom for IUI/IVF cycles.  I like them, and I do feel like I am relaxing.  But, I am not sure if I am doing a great job of the "mind-body connection" part of it.  Also, I keep falling asleep so I don't hear the whole thing sometimes.  But, I am not letting myself worry about not doing a good job of relaxing.  :)

Well, until next time, that is all I have to say.  I will post sooner next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment