Thursday, June 23, 2011

How We're Feeling

I'd like to share more about how we are feeling right now; what our perspective is. First of all, we am very well aware that just because we can get pregnant does not mean we will stay pregnant. So, the fact that we can get pregnant, but have already had a miscarriage is not something to be super excited about. But, it gives us hope, and this is why:

We were able to create a life on our own, with no drugs or medical intervention. I was not counting days or taking OPKs, nothing. I do plan to do that, but I also plan for my husband and I to spend more time laughing together and trying to relax and enjoy life so that we'll have more chance of getting his sperm and my egg to play nice together. That way, I can test super early and start taking progesterone right away and go see the doctor before I can have a period-like bleed, etc... At least, that's our plan. I just have to balance the "tracking" with the apparent stress it causes me. I guess I get a little uptight about it.

But, I have stopped taking my temperature or any of that because it never did anything for me.  I am just taking notes on how I feel during the month.  I think that I am also going to track what food I eat so that I can see how I am eating compared to whether or not we get pregnant.  I have a http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ app on my phone so that I can do that pretty easily.

Speaking of food, I thought that that was my whole problem.  Obviously not.   I mean, we conceived on our vacation.  Do you know what we ate and how much?  A lot.  Everything.  Tons of fattening sugary desserts, fried foods, foods in other countries, etc...  And icecream in between.  Plus, the week before our vacation, I was so stretched, I knew there was no way we could get pregnant.  I figured it would be this month, the month after we got back and I was still relaxed if it was going to happen.  I mean, the week leading up to our vacation I was up until midnight every night, getting up at 5 every morning.  I was working late to get the forecast done, staying up late to help our new churh financial secretary get the financials done since they'd waited to ask for help, and helping how I could with laundry and packing.  We were both exhausted by the time we got on that ship.  Maybe it really was all the sun I got.  Laying in the sun does relax me a lot.  I think I might get one of those cheap folding chairs you can lay on for my back yard.  Maybe that will simulate laying on the beach.

I know that this is a super long post, and I appreciate you for listening.  What do you think about our perspective and our plan?

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that your numbers on the last post were what you feared, However, you are right in this post. You CAN do it between you.

    Be VERY encouraged that you did concieve on your own! It's great that you did it, so never give up hope.

    You are the second person I have discovered lately who has fallen pregnant with a change of diet. My sister in law was vegetarian for 16 years. She and my brother in law had been trying for a baby for over 3 years when she began eating meat again, within a few weeks she was pregnant. I am not saying it's the answer for everyone but it seems an odd coincidence that a change of nourishment and more natural fats and protein could make a difference.

    Wishing you the best of luck for the future, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you have an amazing attitude- it is inspiring to me. I am so sorry for your loss- but it is wonderful to read that you have renewed hope. We were never ever to get pregnant on our own- so yes it is a huge accomplishment! You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* I am so sorry. We just dealt with a loss ourselves and it is a devastating blow. I hope you can get your sticky BFP soon.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry for your loss. Nothing can take away from that. But I do think it is very hopeful that you've been able to get pregnant on your own, without medical intervention.

    Sending you lots of good thoughts and well wishes for the future.


    ICLW #144

    ReplyDelete