Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow in Atlanta!



It snowed Sunday night and most of Monday morning.  We got about 7 inches.  That is a lot for the Atlanta area, for those of you who don't live here.  We are NOT equipped to deal with weather like that.  Before church, half the schools in area had already announced closing and obviously it had not even started snowing yet!  I had to work from home today.  I hate WFH!  I just want to curl up with a good book with a cat or two laying on my legs and feet.  But instead, I was tied to my laptop (but I still had Maxwell on my legs some of the time).  I was not the most productive person today, but I did get more done than I thought I would.  I guess when it snows, the only way birds can keep warm enough to stay alive is to fluff up their feathers and eat.  So, they did.  My husband filled up all the bird feeders yesterday when we got home from church, and I am glad he did.  The cats were so excited, they did not get their usual "day of cat naps" which means they sleep all day until we get home.  So, they are all three asleep right now. 

The top picture is a picture of our backyard at 7am today.  The second one is Mathilda trying not to fall asleep this afternoon after a long hard day of bird-watching (and chattering and tail swishing and running from the front window to the back window to get the best looks at the best birds).  (And, yes, there are crumbs in the chair.  I am a little annoyed they are in the picture, but I didn't realize they had been left there until after I'd gotten the super cute pic).  The third one is of Sampson bird-watching later in the day (note the empty bird feeder, which was full in the morning).  Then, last but definitely not least, is Maxwell, watching birds.  The funny thing about that picture is that you can really see all the nose prints I desperately need to wash off the window.  None of my pictures have been great quality lately.  I need to work on getting the setting right on my camera for various picture taking opportunities.

3 comments:

  1. That is a ton of snow...We are supposed to get a bunch tonight up to five inches so that will not make my trip to Chicago very easy if it really happens...Its a 3hr drive without the snow....Love the pics of your cute cats...I have a long hair persian minus the smashed face...He loves to bird watch

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you got almost as much as we did in NYC! i heard about all that ice down there! stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete